.

Thursday, February 7, 2019

English Literature Essay -- Graduate Admissions Essays

side of meat Literature My greatest violence lies in my ability to communicate effectively through my writing skills. As a freshman, I entered college certain that I wanted to be an English major beca office of my love of literature. I had a rather romantic find out in my mind as to what my studies would include late nights relaxing with a cup of tea and a Virginia Woolf novel. Though my courses did offer me the opportunity to point many fabulous lives of literature, they also challenged my analytical skills cold to a greater extent than I ever imagined. Most of the late nights I spent were not with a cup of tea, but in the library researching critical scheme or at my computer, devising my take in critical perspective on a novel. Though my course of study was in reality far diametrical from what I imagined as an eighteen-year-old, I soon wise(p) that the feel of satisfaction I gained from critical thinking and writing far outweighed the wicked pleasures of reading. Thus , in my junior and senior years, I have knowing to use my love of literature to enhance my practical writing skills, further my own knowledge, and help those in need. My Senior Honors Thesis in English is a major researching and writing undertaking. During my junior year, I was one of a some students selected on the basis of grades and faculty recommendations to participate in the Junior Honors Seminar, where we learned the techniques for in-depth literary research and critical writing. In this time, I developed a thesis topic in the area of literature that holds the most pertain for me. My specialty is Romantic Poetry (the time period of Wordsworth, Shelley, Coleridge, Keats and Byron), and my thesis trial runines the autobiography of light and optic metaphors in their works. To ac... ... our country with nothing, and work so unmanageable to achieve what comes naturally to so many Americans. Both his hard work for a good life, and his dedication to learning English and pass ing the citizenship exam have taught me that the most important practical implication of my major is that I can help others succeed. Although the progress of my English career has been radically different than I originally envisioned, the work has been extremely satisfying. I have learned that writing and researching skills are crucial in many different areas of life, be it writing a piece of donnish literary work, a business-oriented assigning request, or teaching English to an immigrant. I hope to parlay my talents into scholarly work in the field of English literature, where I will be constantly challenged to expand my mind through writing, research and effective communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment