.

Monday, September 2, 2019

Philosophy of Teaching Statement :: Educating Education Essays Teacher

Philosophy of Teaching Statement As a freshman in college, I was faced with one of the most important decisions of my life. I had to decide where I wanted my college education to go and what I wanted to become as an adult. My whole freshman year, I struggled to make a decision. My family encouraged me to major in business, because even if I didn’t like my job they felt that I could make a lot of money and have financial security. They didn’t feel like education was the right career for me. I felt like it was important for me to have a career that was emotionally fulfilling to me rather than having a career that I would make a lot of money. I have always enjoyed math; I took many extra math classes while I was in high school. I also wanted to become a teacher. Finally in the last few months of the year I came to a decision; I decided I wanted to become a math teacher and teach eighth grade math. So, I decided to pursue a degree in math and general science (5-9) Education. It was a hu ge relief to me when I finally decided to become a teacher; I feel very happy with the decision I have made. I want to make a positive difference in kids’ lives and I feel this is the best way for me to do that. No two students are alike so, you have to respond accordingly. Some students come to school to learn and make a life for themselves. Other students only come to school because it is a requirement. Teachers cannot expect to have only students who want to be in school. Teachers must use different teaching methods in order to make sure that all the students learn the material, which is where teaching philosophies come into play. In our education classes we are asked to think about the types of educational philosophies we will use in our classrooms to teach. My views on education philosophies are eclectic. I agree with essentialism, progressivism, and behaviorism. The core of a teacher is his or her beliefs and philosophies.

No comments:

Post a Comment